close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

private pond

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flathead King 06, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

went to a private pond with a few buddies about 2 weeks ago and got into the fish... caught around 75 bass, most were smaller than a pound but 3 were pretty good-2.5lbs, 5lbs, and a 7lb- and also caught 3 channels...the biggest was 10lbs

[​IMG]

2. How in the world did you get in there to fish?

I know when that place is rented for wedding/party's and such it is right there in the contract if you are even caught wetting a line they fine you big $$$$!!!!!!!!!!!

I have walked those banks while kegging it up at weddings and saw all those bass and wondered how overpopulated it was - you just answered that. If you have regular access I would consider removing some of those 12-14 inchers.

You guys must know somebody - good for you:D

3. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

We know the man that owns it and he told us that when the fish start to spawn it gets ridiculous with all the geese and ducks on the pond so to come and fish...well yes the pond is TOO over populated and those 12-14 inch bass you are speaking of...try about 2lbs now...they are all getting big, but there are some warriors in there, saw 2 swimming around that looked like they would go 10-12lbs a piece, almost had to get a new pair of shorts if ya know what i mean, but we took about 20 small bass out of it which are going to make for a good fish fry

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Jerry Jerry Jerry! lol good job u will be feasting on those things.