close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

private pond

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bluufrdtrk, May 12, 2004.

1. Fished a private pond today after work. Started out using a small rooster tail and caught a few small bass, blugill, and some 3 nice crappies at 12-13 inches. Then i walked down to a little creek right there and caught some creek chubs. I missed 2 nice catfish, Then had something pull my rod in the water. The bad thing is that i was sitting right next to my rod catching bluegill on another rod when it took the plunge.
    Oh well i still had fun.
    Bobby

2. yeah i have seen multilple rods take the plunge while catfishing. I find it kind of humorous since none of them were mine. :D Im glad you still had a good time.

3. I've lost two poles fishing....one was un-attended, the other I was sitting right next to and it just shot off into the water. Both were Carp I think..that stinks for them having to swim around for awhile with a pole attached to them.

Anyway private/highway ponds always seem to hold good fish and are extremely fun to fish ;-)

4. Several years ago, my dad, sister and I were fishing below the dam at Dillion in the little pond off the creek. My sister was supposed to be watching my rod. She did just that and camly called over to me that my pole had been pulled in the water. I tied on a erie dearie on my other rod and was able to snag the line a few casts later and got the rod back along with a 2 or 3 pound carp.

5. Tilesetter

Tilesetter GET THE NET

I guess i've been lucky not to have a rod dart into the water. I have a set of good rod holders and use a reel with a bait clicker on it. Too bad you did'nt hook up it was probalby a nice fish if it took the rod that fast.

6. had it happen twice, one just got hit out of no where and up over the rail she went, the other pole skipped acrossed rocks and in, caught it on a spinner bait with no fish attached.

both of these happened at deer creek spillway

7. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I had a rod taken from me and i was literally about 8 inches from my side. Looked like it got shot out of a bow that thing was in the water so quick. I was using chicken livers, so it must have been a catfish. This was at Miami Whitewater in cincy.

8. Yeah it definetly bites, but the fish i caught before i lost my rod made up for it.
    Its a small pond so i might be able to go back and snag it out. I just dont want the pond owner seening me do this, cause he might get the wrong impression(catch and release pond).
    thanks
    Bobby