close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Private Pond Action (Pics)

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tmerk, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Me and icefisherman4life hit a private pond in Green today for some crappie action. I owe Jimmy Houston thanks for turning me on to the awesome Blakemore Roadrunner. What they say is true "can't fish them wrong, as long as you fish them slow!" I caught 4 bass and 1 decent crappie, and icefisherman4life got into a few nice crappie and gills. I was throwing a chartruese/white Roadrunner, he was using waxies and pinmins under a float. Here are a couple pics of my first fish of the year:

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

tmerk.........Glad you guys got out and had some fun today......Nice to know that those "ACTION PACKED BASSERS" can learn to slow it down, when they have to......I used to be a hard-nosed BASSER about 36 plus years ago..Did the Florida and S. C. (SANTEE-COOPER ) thing several times.....sure can spoil you for our bass fishing......At least, you got a jump start for this season....and I hope that you have great one.........Good fishin .....Jon Sr.

3. i didnt get a ton of action on the pinmin and waxie i caught all my crappie on a 1/32 oz pink jig head and a chartruse twister tail under a slip bobber and did a slow jig and retrieve. it worked pretty good. merk got into some pretty nice bass. ill let him have all of em haaaa im a bobber panfish type of guy im tryin to bring him over to the dark side. hahaaa

4. Thanks, mrphish, Jon, right? Here's hoping your well-wishes go a long way this season! Good luck to you as well.

5. Thanks, Big Daddy. How'd the crappie seminar go tonight? When icefisherman4life and I were in at T's this afternoon, he was telling everybody to come and see you tonight. Sorry I couldn't have made it....

6. thanks for the love sent out MR and BIG. i appreciate it ill take all the well wish's and compliments i can get hahaaa. may you guy's freezers be full.

7. Seminar went great! 36 guys showed up and I told them where all the slabs are in Long!!! LOL.

I have the flyer for the tournament and I'll get it posted later today. I may be on Lake Erie that day, jigging up walleye, but we'll see. T's tournaments are a lot of fun, and the hog roast sounds pretty good too! I'm gettin hungry!

8. i like fishing ponds this early for bass. it makes it a tough challenge and shows how much patience u need. And if u only catch one u feel a sense of acomplishment. Great job tmerk!!