close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

printer making funny noises

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by dip, Feb 14, 2005.

1. dip

dip dip

was trying to print up my tax returns and epson printer wasn't doing its job (paper was coming out blank) so i hit the printer HARD with my fist and now it just makes funny noises. any suggestions on what the problem might be? oh yeah, it looks like i may have broken the top part into many pieces. could that be part of the problem? :confused:

2. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Just load it up in the truck and I'll take it off your hands for ya. Seems you need a class in printer communications. Always talk to your printer first then use a hammer, it saves the pain/injury upon yourself. And ya should have checked the ink!

bill

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Spend some of that moldy money and get a new one!

Probably was just out of ink :eek:

4. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I hope you don't treat your fishing gear and boat that way. They would probably start making funny noises too!

5. Have you tried kicking it? Sometimes a good firm kick can reverse the damage caused by the punch or at least that has been my experience with televisions as I use to tinker around working part time in an appliance repair store. Also, you might try a good hard headbutt on your printer but I recommend that you don't use this technique on a TV.

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

todays printers are cheep and what som call disposible....2-3 years it the average i get out of mine

7. dip

dip dip

black and color cartridges read half full.....

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

If you have not used it in awhile the ink nozzles probably dried up.