close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Printer Help Needed!!

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by olwhitee, Apr 16, 2005.

1. I got my Epson Stylus C60 out today, hooked it up, and everything seemed to be fine other then I was out of ink. So I go to office max and buy some ink, come home put it in, and nothing. It still says my ink is empty. I turned it off and back on, but still says empty. I must be doing something wrong here. I went to the website and it says to pull up the printer and go to utilities tab, I can see the tab, but I cannot click it.I am using windows XP by the way. I can click the tabs for check printer heads and the other below utilities though. I tried to run a program that I downloaded from the site for monitoring, but when I try to run it, it tells me this....

Check all connections and make sure all devices are on. If the power was turned off during printing, cancel the print job. If the error does not clear, see your printer documentation.

Anyone??

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Try uninstalling the printer, then go to the Epson website and download the most current software.

Install the software and see if that solves the problem ;) . I had this same thing happen to me with a Lexmark printer.

Hope it helps.

* If this doesn't solve the problem, check out the user manual that came with your printer. If you can't find it, the manual should be downloadable from the Epson website. *

3. Thanks, heres what happened. I went to officemax and bought the new ink cartridges, turns out that the color one was empty. Someone had bought it and returned it empty, and they restocked it.

Found this after I called Epson and paid 9.95 plus long distance for about a half hour....this stunk.

Thanks for the help though.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

tell office max they need to make it right with you $10 bucks off the ink would be about right since have the call and gas for 2 trips to there store.