close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

prime conditions this a.m. for a piggy

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pizza, Jul 11, 2008.

1. pizza

pizza

have fun at work.

I'm outta here:B :B :B

2. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Oh you little...GET BACK HERE!!! ;)

Good luck!

3. I'm guessing you're going to find the bigger fish in the heart of the riffles in the early, early morning. Buzzbaits and quickly retrieved spooks.
    As the morning wanes, probably dying flukes on the seams and tail outs.

I MAY have snuck out a time or two in the last week at o'dark thirty and fished a couple flows.

4. i hear ya andyman. Monday I told my boss conditions looked ideal for some alum creek eyes, so he let me go at 4pm. Two hours early. Gotta love my boss, understands FISHING>Work

Good luck PIZZA

5. pizza

pizza

guessing I was casting about 5:15 in the riffles which is all I fished. Nothing for the first 20 or so minutes. Then I got this nice eye. After that it was all about channel cats(+/-12). Only got one smallie about 10". Got about 4 rockies, and snagged a fairly large shad. And one other little eye. Good action from about 5:30-8 then it pretty much died. Went to one other spot and only got one rocky.

Attached Files:

6. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Nice Eye! YUM! I like your lures too. Putting things together (abundance of channel cats, type of stone in the background)....I would have to say you were fishing the....Aw heck I'm no geologist! Is that sandstone?!?! Hints?!

7. pizza

pizza

came across a natural spring. And while I was wading I'm pretty sure I was standing on one at one point too as the water was very cold.

Attached Files:

8. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Damn that's beautiful. It looks too nice for the Scioto and Olentangy...the Scioto/Olentangy? I'm assuming you didn't go East to a Muskingum branch? very nice pics BTW.

9. pizza

pizza

thanks on the pics. I finally got my first digital camera about a month ago. Just a 4 megapixel olympus stylus 400 hand me down but it seems to take nice pics. Here's a hungry channel cat and the smallie that didn't want its pic taken- typical smallie.

Attached Files:

10. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

11. pizza

pizza

that can't be good for the smallie. It was fine, but I won't be taking any more pics like that. I was photo happy this morning and taking pics of every fish I caught.

the skeeters were in full force.

Attached Files:

12. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

You are avoiding my original questions....purposfully??....:D

I spy poison ivy in the background....That HAS to be Lower Big Walnut!!!

13. pizza

pizza

here's a hint. the river contains shad.

Attached Files:

14. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

What if I told you this was a ploy to keep the pics coming since I am bored? If I were you and figured that out, I'de probably be reallllly sad and just blurt out where you caught all these fish before running upstairs to your room to cry?!

Oh well, at least I know it is a river now. :)

Can I buy a county?

15. pizza

pizza

my connection went down before I could change river to flow lol.

County? Now you're pushing it bud. Let me see if there are any more pics.

16. pizza

pizza

OK Mr. Naturalist. Here's the ? of the day. I encountered these today. What are they? And what purpose do they serve? Camera bag measures approximately 5.5" X4"

If you answer the ?'s correctly, I will give you a clue as to what county I was in.

What if I was in 2 counties?

Attached Files:

17. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Is that thing organic?? I can't even tell what it might be from looking at it! is it hard?? Is it a fungus? Any other pics? If you were in 2 counties....well, I would need to know both after I solve your riddle ;)

18. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

A rotting cow stomache?????

19. pizza

pizza

couple more pics.

Attached Files:

20. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

If you aren't gonna answer my q's, I'm just going to go with my gut instinct..

Dino Eggs:D