close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pretty good week

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mr. Basskisser, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Mr. Basskisser

Mr. Basskisser Hard Core Fishing Fool!

Had some good luck this past week. It started Sunday evening at my favorite small stream. This streamis really small. The rain last weekend put enough water in it to make it just right. Caught a decent little 12 inch smallie on my first cast with a buzzbait. Headed upstream catching 1 or 2 more small ones on spinnerbait. Got to one of the two best holes and hammered a hard fighting 16 incher on a buzz. Threw out a spinnerbait and nailed a beautiful 18 incher. I hadn't caught any really nice ones in this little creek for a couple of years. I was glad to see they were still there. Ended up catching 3 or 4 more in that pool. The next pool up I had JAWS follow my buzzer right up to me. I could see the wake following the buzz about 15 feet out. I swept it past me and he swirled but missed. It was quite a rush. I got him to hit it a couple of casts later but missed him. Here's the 18 incher.

[​IMG]

Monday we hit a stream we haven't fished a whole lot. We were fishing above a ripple and my second cast brought a big swirl but no hookup. About 10 casts later I nailed him. It was a 20 incher, but not a smallie, it was a largemouth. He had one eye messed up and was sickly skinny. He was probably blind in that eye and having a hard time feeding. We went below the ripples and Mrs. BK caught a 14inch spotted bass and a 12 inch smallie. Three fish, three species. Here is old one eye.

[​IMG]

We went back a couple of days later and the water had gone down considerably. Mrs. BK started the show with a largemouth. We moved downstream and she got 4 more assorted bass. We went below a ripple and she threw the buzzer a couple of times. I threw down there and stole her thunder, an 18 inch largemouth.We caught 1 smallie, 3 spotted, and 4 largemouth that evening.

[​IMG]

Went back the next night and went further downstream. Mrs BK had caught one earlier. I ended up with one, a 17 inch largemouth. We not getting numbers like last year but hittng that nice one every once in a while makes up for it. The 17 incher.

[​IMG]

2. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

WOW, That SM is a HOG!!!! I'm jealous. Small flows are a blast, makes me want to log off and hit Blacklick RIGHT NOW!

3. Yep I think that qaulifies as a good week:) Congratulations

4. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

i dont see any bird dogs in those pictures :(

5. Mr. Basskisser

Mr. Basskisser Hard Core Fishing Fool!

Not quite time LK, but it won't be long.