1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
798 Posts
I kinda poked fun at my Son for not wanting to get in the water without waders:D but the way the water smelled lastnight I cant say as I can blame him much, nice fish by the way.
wading in water gives you chest hair. That's what my pops always told me. Though some places on the scioto may cause your hair to fall out, so waders might be needed;)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
He is only 13 so his mind kinda plays tricks on him...we will see a snake swimming around or he brought up a big ole snapper one time..so he starts to think(like any kid would) do I really want to be in here;):D

·
Elroderator
477 Posts
Though some places on the scioto may cause your hair to fall out, so waders might be needed;)
LOL Funny stuff! Great fish BTW..... I really need to start smallie fishing. I use to wade the 7 mile as a kid with a roster tail and catch 12 inchers all day long. But never one that big.........

·
WHODAMAN
378 Posts
Nice Fish, water looks good. Glad you had a good time.
There is nothing wrong with wearing waders. StriperFreak cut his leg on some barbwire under the water in Scioto. I had something extremely sharp cut right through my boot of my waders last week. Don't know what it would have done to bare skin :)

·
Tuscarawas River Angler
2,375 Posts
CONGRATS that is a beautiful smallie for sure.............what did he hit on for you ??

I just landed my 3rd 17 inch smallie this year on wednesday night on the Tuscarawas River ALL of my bigger smallies this year have came on spinnerbaits !!! Funny thing is..........................i just can break the 18 inch barrier for some reason this year !!! :confused:

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
It took me a bunch of years until I got above the 18" mark, mostly stuck on fishing less than stellar waters. Counting a PA. river trip I have over 14 over 18", in OH I have 7 or so 18 plus with a lifetime best 20.5 monster, just this year. ALL with spinners....

Bigger baits are the trick, I'll add a 6" grub on my spinners when they are biting good to try to get the big gals to strike. The huge sub-walk also will target the big un's, I like it on clearer waters when the spinnerbait bite is slow, its awesome on seams.

Stuck

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got one over 18 and it was 18 /12. That was this year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts