close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque ?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by crooked stripe, Feb 21, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

I see you guys had great fishing with gills and other panfish along with a few pike. Is it the weeds that holds them? I have fished Erie for years and never caught a pan fish. Never fished for them but you would think one would pick one up from time to time. Sounds like you had a great time and I hope I can make it next year. Cangrats on the success. John

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Yes John these mostly came from the weeds. We were in about 7-12 feet of water. If there is anyway you should try to make it next year. Was a blast.

3. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

is the ice still good, here in the mwcd the lakes are nearly completely open now.
    tim

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I've fished for them regularly in the spring and fall of the year here recently. But....I can remember about 10 years ago getting into a school of slab gills while perch fishing out in front of Perry's Monument in a weed bed. They were hitting the shiners. Most gills were over 10".

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

tpet you just reminded me about the time i went up in perrys monument and you can look out at the water and see the weedbeds, it was cool....