close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque Sunday 20050219

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by ohioman76, Feb 23, 2005.

1. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

Walleyeman, myself and a couple buddies headed out around 0730. Walleyeman started to drill holes while I tried to use my vexilar f18 propack. I was a little upset because the propack would not work properly in such shallow water. I decided to use the Aquavu instead. I put the perch looking camera in the hole and saw Gills everywhere. I think they were attracted to the camera because they kept swimming right up to it and investigating. It was awesome to watch your bait get swallowed up on camera. I think I had more fun with the camera than I did fishing. While I was fishing I did see one large fish swim by but I couldn't tell what it was. Also I only saw one perch all day under there. No crappie either. Between the four of us we limited out 200 gills. Probally caught around 500-600 all day. Fishing was furious all day with no breaks. Gills seemed to know a storm was coming. I didn't enjoy the drive back to youngstown. Big daddy thanks for your help with the advice and directions. Is the fishing that good during open water as well? My only regret is I didn't get to meet any OGF members. Oh well there is always next year I guess. :D [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. That is a fine looking catch. I am going to try hard to get up there next year.
    Great pics.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Looks like our days there too. That place is unreal. Try you best to join us next year. We had a blast.