close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque Report 3/5/05

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Big Daddy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Well, as expected, I got the call and my motor is ready to go, so this well may be my last ice report of the year. Softwater is on the way. But first...

Presque Isle Bay still has a GOOD 8-10 inches of ice on it, and by the weather forecasts, you should be good for another weekend. WATCH THE EDGES THOUGH!!

My son Nick, cfish102, Prez, his son Joey, Bigggcountry and his buddy, all hooked up on the ice up there. Prez brought 2 perch counters, one for total number of fish, one for keepers. In his shanty alone, fishing the same holes all day, he and his son caught 470 fish. Nick and I caught at least 400, including a couple crappie. Chris caught at least 300, keeping a limit. It was amazing. There had to be over a thousand people on the ice, and everyone was catching fish. The water was crystal clear and you could see all the way to the bottom(8ft). Most times, the jig wouldn't make it down that far, as a hungry gill would hammer it on the way down. Fun to watch them inspect and lightly taste teh waxworm before slamming it.

When we were coming off, we met Timbr as he called it a day. Nice to see you again. And, at the Burger King on the way home, 3 more guys came up to us and let us know they were from OGF. Didn't get their names though. I'm glad you guys caught a bunch too. Glad we could put you on some fish...LOL.

A great final ice trip at the end of a marginal ice season. Next year, hopefully, Mother Nature will provide more ice locally so everyone can get out and try the hardwater.

Now the pix....

[​IMG]

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Still looks good there Carl. Glad you guys had a good time. Yes, again I will be there next year.

3. Thanks For The Report And Pix . . Glad To See You Had A Good Trip.

4. Hey Big Daddy, NICE PICS. ANOTHER GOOD DAY!, WAS YOU AT LOT #2 AGAIN? IM GOING TO TRY AND TAKE MY COUSIN UP THIS SAT. IF ICE HOLDS, HE JUST CANT BELIEVE THE STORIES. :D :D

5. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Hit Presque on Friday 3-4 and Saturday 3-5. Lot #2 was a bust for perch on Friday. Moved atleast 7 times and only 10 perch to show for it. Went to the Chestnut area on Saturday, we caught 37 perch in 19 ft. of water and a nice steelhead on a tip-up. Caught most of the perch in the morning, the afternoon was slow, fighting off the smelt on the aquavu was irritating. Good size perch though ranging from 9 to 13 inches. Check out the pics in my photo gallery, too large to post here I guess. It was a beautiful last weekend on the ice, already counting the days for next years trip to Presque !

Krustydawg

6. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Nice fish Big Daddy, looks like you guys had a lot of fun up there.