close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque Isle

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Timbr, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

Anyone going this weekend? Not sure, I may go Sat. or Sun.

Tim

2. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I Think Big Daddy and myself will be up there Saturday morning. Anyone heard any ice conditions?

Gene

3. Thinking of going back this Saturday as well. Too bad you arent allowed to fish out there after dark- we didnt know that until the ranger got on the PA and said so, once the sun went down those gills and perch went on a suicide mission. What a great time sight fishing them. We walked out of Lot 3 across the bay. Is there a OGF group that meets up there?

Brian

4. B Thomas, you can still fish after dark,you just have to come in from the south side of the bay, the town of Erie side.

5. no kidding, could you give me an idea of where bouts that is?? Do you know of any magic perch holes? We got a few nice perch and hundreds of gills- much more prefer the perch though!

Thanks

By the way I have family that lives in Hilliard

6. Dad fished Monday afternoon.Cought over a 100 6" perch, not one keeper.Kept 22 big gills.Lot 2. Tried to fish Tue. morning.Water around the edge, thought the water level came up.Six foot plank to short and no one else out yet,so he hung it up and picked mom back up at elpatio and became tourist.
    Dad sure enjoyed the Feb 19 trip and just needed to do it again!!!
    Steve
    Can the wind push the water level up that far in the cove?

7. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

PI report from www.FishErie.com

3-1-05

Report: well, we managed to get both our limits on perch. Best fishing all year so far. We managed to get the huts right in the best school of perch yet. All keepers were at least 11 inches. Between two of us we nailed them. If you want perch in the bay try fishing of the city side. We caught all our fish about 30 yards off of the tower on dobbings landing (straight out from smith's bait). I was using minnies on a moon jig and Ralph was using grubs. We both had good luck. Also caught a steelhead!!! put him back though. I will be fishing in this area all week. tight lines to all

8. Can you give me more information on perch fishing at Presque Isle??I have never fished from the City side. Thanks

Bernie