close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque Isle question

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Timbr, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

Does anyone have any info about parking on the "city side" at PI? I believe that you can not be in the park after dark. I would like to find a place so we can fish late next weekend.

The forcast for Erie calls for lows in the 20s, I think the ice will be ok.

Thanks
    Tim

2. I think there's a ramp off Chestnut Street. At least the map I saw had that marked, and I know a few guys that walked from lot 4 all the way acrossed to there(LOOOOOOONG walk).

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Yes, it is a long walk and my legs are still tired. TxTransplant needed oxygen by the time we got back.

flash--------------------------------out

4. Never fished Presque on the ice, but are quads or snowmobiles allowed on the ice?

5. You can ONLY take quads on Presque from the city side.

6. You can park at both the Chestnut and the Cherry street ramps. There are no signs declaring hours of operation. I talked to a few locals the last time I went up there and they said you can leave your vehicle there all night. I've fished that side a couple of times with mixed results. The Perch I've caught over there are larger on average than the penisula side. It's still about 1/2mile out to the channel and the 22'-25' that everyone fishes.

Carl,

I have some bad news for you. Quaker Steak has a big "closed until spring" sign up. You'll have to find a new place for wings.

Wes

7. Yeah Wes, I saw it was closed when I was up there a couple weeks ago. There is an Appleby's around the corner. I'm sure we'll be able to sniff out some food somewhere.LOL.