close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque isle P.A ice fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by jiggineyes22, Jan 19, 2009.

1. We spent the weekend at Presque isle.Saturday we fished Misery bay and did pretty good.We all got a nice mess of gills, a few slab crappies,and 6 big perch.We went to the head of the main bay sunday and got skunked.I would like to make another trip if the perch sart biting good.If anyone hears about the perch bite please post a report.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Did you see the two ships that tried to dock on Saturday but got stuck?
    Someone posted the coast guard warning about the two ships on Friday and Sunday's paper had a blurb about sending a an ice cutter to free two ships that got stuck trying to turn around.

3. No. we kept en eye out all day but didn't see them,although I was pretty busy keeping up with 2 rods.I saw the warning and talked to the guys at the b.a.c bait shop that warned us too.I had all my gear in the shanty ready to run if i had too but it was all good.

4. Perch typically bite in the bay late ice. There is a resident population in the Bay but perch will move in from the main lake before ice out and that is typically the best bite.

5. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

How much ice did or do you have there now?