Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to Presque Isle in the fall? Is it still possible to catch good quantities of smallmouth? I've never been, but i have heard nothing but great reports in the spring & early summer. I'm wanting to take my son & have him catch some brown fish. I am aware that there is a good amount of largemouth in the bay also. Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
198 Posts
We fished the Bay from 10:00am to 5:00pm today, launching from the State Park marina and hitting all our usual SMB spots in that area. Sorry to report a total skunk - not even a hit. Very few fishing boats out (sailors were having a great time). We saw some perch fishermen who seemed to be getting some action, but that was it. We didn't target LMB, but saw little if any activity where there are usually a good number of bass boats.

WPM

·
Super Moderator
3,896 Posts
hope you are very efficient using electronics b-c the fish are usually way off shore suspending 30-70' of water. they are extremely hard to find without side imaging. spoons and drop shots are the most productive when you do run into some. I would launch from NW marina(crazy parrot) and fish the W W or the Meadow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts