close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque Isle Bay 2/21/08

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Big Daddy, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Well, Prez and I hit Misery Bay today. Fishing was on the tough side. Chaunc, I thought I heard you talking about your steelhead. I tried to call you too, but no signal... Nice steelie. Saw CHOPIQ, his brother, and friend up there. John had a steelie too. I saw 3 caught. One guy near us with a camera said he saw crappies cruising by all day, but only caught a few.

Stayed in the same spot all day. Marked a TON of fish, but I think the full moon and clear skies last night turned them negative. We still managed 34 nice gills and one perch. We caught between 50 and 60 fish total. A few times, the Vexilar was lit up from 2 ft down to the bottom. We were fishing in 9 ft of water.

Heading back up Saturday AM to spend the day on the ice with Nick.

Here are some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Thanks for the update..... Nice lookin fish.

3. Main bay ice was NASTY looking. Did see a few guys off Lot #2 but didn't hear anything good from there as far as fishing.

There was 4-5 inches on Misery and it was growing nicely.:)

[​IMG]

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Your making me home sick Carl. Looks like it was a great time as usual. Thanks for the pictures.

5. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Thats my blue shanty in this picture. Nice pile of fish. I was in 10 ft, with weeds up 2 feet. Lot of marks too but the fish didn't start biting for me til i chummed my hole with steelie eggs. :D