close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque Isle 3-15 Update

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by bassmastermjb, Mar 16, 2005.

1. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

I decided to hit Presque on Tuesday looking for the jumbos.I started fishing around 6:30am by the yacht club.The fishing was terrific until 11:am when the perch shut off.I managed 40-50 perch and kept only the ones over 12" to meet my 20 fish limit.I threw alot of 10"-11" fish back.I also managed to land a big 12lb. northern pike which was an incredible fight, and put my 4lb mono to the stress test.At 11:00 am I decided to hit the shallows off lot #2 for a limit of gills.In 4 hours I managed about 200 gills with 20 or so being in the 9"-10" range.The shore ice is thick and the ice on the bay was 10".All the perch were caught using 1/2 of a minnow including the pike and the gills were hitting anything that was dropped in front of them.I'll be heading back tomorrow for some more fun.

2. Thanx for the update bassmaster. Thats all I needed to hear, I will be there this weekend for some jumbo action. How deep of water were the perch.

Longspur

3. bassmastermjb

I was in 12ft of water.The key was using only 1/2 minnow.They outproduced the whole minnow 4 to 1.Use the head part and feed the back half to the gulls.

4. bassmastermjb

Longspur, I'll post the ice conditions and fishing action when I get back home in the evening.If anyone is interested, I'll be at lot #3 at 5:00am in the black Park Ave.

5. Thanx buddy..... much appreciated info. Good luck.

Longspur

6. Nice job Mark. Enjoy the last gasp of ice season!!!