close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque Isle - 2/12/05

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by pymybob, Feb 12, 2005.

1. First, I've been up since 3:00 a.m. so bear with me.

Hit Presque today with TxTransplant from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. What a day. Everything you've read on the site about this fishery is right on the money!!! First, the ice was in good shape. Crystal clear and between 8-9 inches out of lot #2.

We caught many 'gills, some in the "bull" gill category. We also picked up a lot of perch with several good eaters that Presque is known for. I didn't limit out on bluegills but came close. Caught a bunch of smelt as well. The bay is littered with those little b@stards! The action was steady most of the day.

To end out the day, I hooked into a big pike on a waxworm of all things. Gene (TxTransplant) thinks it could have went close to 30". All I know os that it was a hawg! To try and rangle that fish on an ice rod with 2# test was a hopeless cause but I managed to stay hooked up with it longer than expected. I guess you never know what you might run into through the ice!

Did'nt take a lot of pics, too busy fishing! When I get around to it, I'll post them. Thanks again Gene for dragging my @ss up there. Next weekend will be a BLAST!

Done, now I can go to bed! :D

2. Here is the only pic I had of the fish I caught in the a.m.

[​IMG]

Caught just as many in the late afternoon bite. Next weekend can't come quick enough! :D

3. Loks like you had a great day. What is that orange-yellow glow from above? Was the sun shining up there? We don't have that in the southwest. Or the fish.

4. Yea, the sun was out when I took that pic. It was snowing in the a.m. when we hit the ice but it cleared up by early morning. The wind was wicked though all day.

5. Nice bunch of fish guys, looking forward to next weekend!!

6. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Enjoyed your company Bob. I caught more than just the fish. I spent 4 hrs in Barbertons emergency room this morning. I have a sever case of Bronchitis. Temp was 102 when I walked in the house and took it when we got home from Presque. Wow that was a rough drive home. I'm loaded on the antibiotics now and tryiung to get myself better for this comming weekend. I ended the day with 36 nice gills, 2 perch and 73 smelt.That pike Bob had was a beauty! All I heard was " I got something BIG!" I looked down the hole and there was that monster! What a beauty! Time for me to get back in the bed now. Later all!

Gene

7. Gene, sure hope you feel better for the weekend. That would really suck if you missed the outing.

As far as Bob losing that pike, we won't have that issue this weekend. He's volunteered to hand me his pole should he hook into something he can't handle :)

8. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I can be too sick to go to work or many other things but NEVER too sick to hunt or fish! I WILL be there this weekend!

Gene

9. Man Gene, I thought you weren't feeling all that great on Saturday, but my God! Get well man! You got four more days to kick this thing.