close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presque Fish Cleaning

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by archman, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Is there a fish cleaning service that is open this time of year around Presque? I'm way too lazy to clean a hundred or so panfish after a long day of fishing.

2. Archman, How much you pay? I could afford the trip if I cleaned everyones fish for money:)

Scott

3. I think I'd pay about $.50/pound. I hate cleaning small fish. :(

4. Try Poor Richards Shop. Go west on Rt. 5 about 4 miles on left side. :)

5. 50 cents a pound for panfish? I would have to clean at least 400 pounds to pay for the trip at that rate:)

Scott

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Hey Scott, I'll let you clean the 1 lb. that I catch also! :D

Anyone have a number for that business?

7. I purchased a Mister Twister Electric Fillet Knife this summer.....what a time saver. Me and a friend cleaned 60 perch in 20 minutes using it! I'm down to 20 seconds / gill now, by myself. Can't beat it for the $.

Good Luck and Good Fishin'

Cap'n

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I doubt i could ever bring myself to use an electric filet knife....the art is lost. I can average 1:15 per fish, thats filet'd, skinned, clean-up, and packaged. so 20 fish equal 25min total and then i am relaxing.

9. I agree about the mister twister filet knife. I got one at the early bird show a couple years ago from the guy who was selling all his used stuff. I payed a dollar for it and have used it many times. Don't forget to dip the blade in water after every two or three cuts to make it cut better.

Bdrape

10. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Archman does bring up an excellant point with this fish cleaning deal. I am assuming that most people will be at PI on both Saturday and Sunday. I don't know the exact ammount of people showing but lets just round the number off to 100 multiplied by 2 days plus the ammount of limits filled by each fisherman. Thats gonna be alot of fish per day. I think the limit for panfish is 30 correct? and perch is 20? Thats 50 fish per man!!!! Holly cow thats 5000 fish per day. Or 10,000 fish for 2 days. Thats the "J" in Jesus what are we going to all do with these fish.

Which brings me to the question of how many fish is any one man legally allowed to have on his person regardless of the day. Are we going to need to clean our fish each day in order to get more on the second?

I plan on fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

flash---------------------------------out

11. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

The legal limit at Presque Isle is 20 perch with a 7" minimum through the ice and 8" minimum in open water.Panfish is 50 per day which includes crappie, bluegill and sunfish....FYI

12. Bring electric knives, fillet knives, power strips, cutting boards, and newspaper. Lots of ice and baggies. LOL.

KSUFLASH and TxTransplant are going to be busy!!! LOL