close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

preserve our lakes must read

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by misfit, Aug 1, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

as some of you are aware,the division of watercraft has plans in the works(with backing from some special interest groups),to lift hp and other restrictions from hoover,griggs and o'shaughnessy reservoirs.these lakes are owned by the city of columbus,which does not want this,and is fighting the move.i am involved in the movement to help columbus stop this mistake from happening,and your help is needed.
    the state claims that the move is needed to improve safety at alum creek,and give ALL users(jetskis,lager boats/motors)equal access to all waters.
    this will only serve to create more safety and environmental issues for three more lakes,along with added expenses for other things.
    we,as fishermen,are not being considered in this matter,and will lose the only 10 hp lake in central ohio(hoover)which is our only escape from the crowds of pleasure craft that frequent alum creek,creek,buckeye and other lakes that were built and are maintained for their use.
    this will be a tough fight against some big interests,so we need all the help we can muster,if we're to protect our own interests.
    the same kind of thing is being attempted in other parts of the state,so this really concerns all of us,so please take a minute to help preserve our waters for their intended purpose,and click on the below link,and type the word ADD in the subject field of the email.
    thanks in advance for your support.
    jhoran@fishandtales.net

ps...........no need to enter a message,just the "ADD" in subject field and send.

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

taken care of rick.i hope it helps.
    jeff
    p.s.,i'm gonna pass it around at the firehouse and have all of the guys send it also.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks jeff.there are many people hard at work on this,and we need all the help we can get.

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Done deal Rick :) Raider<><>

5. catking

catking Banned

Done Deal Rick.Thanks for this effort !!!! You Da Man ........... CATKING

6. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Very easy to do people. Took me only 20 secs to do. Its taking me 10 times longer to write this post!!

DO IT!!

I have never fished or seen any of these reservoirs, live in the Akron area, but I am SO in support of 10 HP lakes!! It preserves the fishing ATMOSPHERE of a body of water.

Best of luck Columbus area... It would be a shame to lose the 10 HP lake.

7. done rick.husky hooker........

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

TTT
    and thanks guys.

9. Done. What else can I do to help?

Rick

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

rick,i'm am in contact with jim horan on a regular basis.and will definitely let you and any others who are interested,know of anything that might be needed.in the meantime,just helping spread the word will be of great help.
    thanks for your offer and support.

11. Did anyone read the follow up on this in the Sunday paper? I guess Rick's big mouth ;) :D already has them thinking about scrapping this idea. I only read the headline of the article. I was running around yesterday and only had a second to flip throw the sports section. I am going to read it tonight when I get home. I will send one in too. Thanks.

fishintiger

12. Done here also. Anything else I can do please let me know. Thanks

13. did it...just wrote "add" for subject of my email and sent it. hope that's a help. thx rick