Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a breath of FRESH AIR! AMEN ABOUT TIME
(maybe it's time to unload my petrol stocks and buy into some USA pipe production companies?? :confused:)

With the prospects of 'OUR OWN' natural gas production, and the start of the auto, truck & bus industry's change-over,,,,,
OIL Could fall to $50 a barrel by year's end?

http://money.msn.com/now/post--could-oil-fall-to-dollar50-a-barrel-by-years-end

That's the prediction of one industry executive, who adds that cheaper crude doesn't necessarily mean lower gas prices.

By Bruce Kennedy Tue 2:34 PM
Oil and gas prices have been climbing, but at least one industry leader believes oil prices may soon make a dramatic drop.
Speaking on CNBC, Gulf Oil CEO Joe Petrowski said he imagines oil moving down to around $50 a barrel by the end of the year.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
ehhh... I dont know bout it dropping that low. I dont own any petro companies stock because I couldn't afford any with my budget for stocks. I did buy a Railroad company that transports the refined oil. CSX. Couldn't afford the other railroad companies. (the bigger ones) think your right on target though on pipe production companies. I will look into those. Thanks for a heads up.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
some bodies dreaming. japan,, china, and other foreign countries have NO OIL. they buy all they get. I do belive we,ll see alot more nat gas auto,s , the big rigs are already doing test , and ford says they can make a $500. fill station at your house. that,d be great for me. were not gonna sell oil for $50.bucks when theres buyers in line at $150.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I believe the government both state and federal both make more profit on a gallon of gas than any oil company.

All this with absolutely no investment of time or money. When the federal government went after the mafia in the 60's they liked what they saw. They just used different verbage. Instead of paying " protection money " we are all contributing to the public welfare.

More than 50 % of your check goes into paying some kind of tax. Yet I constantly see how wall street and businesses are ripping off us consumers. We are getting ripped off but a lot of you can't see the forest for the trees.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why gas prices are likely to keep climbing
By Chris Isidore @CNNMoney July 18, 2013: 7:41 AM ET

Email Print

traffic gas prices
Busy highways this summer equates to tighter oil supplies and higher prices at the pump.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

Gas prices are significantly higher and likely to go higher still, which could make this the most expensive summer at the pump in five years.

The AAA daily tracking of gas prices rose another penny Thursday to $3.66 for a gallon of self-serve regular, the 11th straight day of rising prices. Gas is up nearly 20 cents a gallon, or about 6%, during that period.

Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for GasBuddy.com predicts that there's at least a 50% chance gas could top the $3.79 a gallon high for the year reached in February.

The rise in crude oil prices is one of the major factors in the recent gas price run-up, since oil prices end up being passed onto consumers. And while retail gas prices have risen quickly, they haven't kept pace with wholesale prices on the commodities markets -- meaning it's virtually certain you'll pay more at the pump, and soon.

Here's a breakdown of what's driving the recent gas spike, and what drivers should be worried about later this summer:

Political turmoil

The toppling of the government in Egypt and some other political upheaval in North Africa hasn't significantly cut into U.S. oil supplies yet. But it's made oil traders wary, which itself has been enough to raise the price of oil. Oil futures are up $4.72 a barrel, or 5%, to nearly $106, since the protests that toppled Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi started in late June.

"I think that's the biggest factor," said Kloza.

Upheaval in the commodity markets

Since investors started worrying about the Federal Reserve cutting back on stimulus, the prices of safe-haven commodities such as gold have plunged. Much of the money that came out of gold seems to be flowing into oil futures, driving up those prices, Kloza said.

Related: California gets $4-a gallon gas. Who's next?

"Commodity investors have the largest bullish position (in oil) we've ever seen," he said. "It's quite bubbly at the moment."

Americans hitting the roads

Americans are hitting the highway this summer, meaning gasoline consumption is way up. That has taken crude oil inventories down by 24 million barrels since the end of May, which is 24% more than supplies of oil fell in the same period last summer. And a tighter oil supply equals higher prices.

"There's been a real driving surge, whether because of pent-up demand or what, I'm not sure," said Kloza.

Troubles ahead: Refinery problems and storms

Right now, North American refineries are operating at close to peak capacity, as refinery operators try to do every summer. But getting through a summer without problems can be the exception, not the rule.

Related: What's gas cost where you are?

Kloza said there is buzz in the industry that the Irving Oil refinery in St. John, New Brunswick, Canada, might need to shutdown for some unscheduled maintenance. That could send gas prices sharply higher in the Northeast U.S., since the refinery is one of the ten largest in North America. Irving Oil did not return a call requesting a comment on those reports.

And if there are any hurricanes or even hurricane threats to the oil platforms and refineries along the U.S. Gulf Coast, that could quickly cause price spikes across much of the nation. To top of page

First Published: July 18, 2013: 6:21 AM ET

·
Registered
7,771 Posts

Attachments

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ehhh... I dont know bout it dropping that low. I dont own any petro companies stock because I couldn't afford any with my budget for stocks. I did buy a Railroad company that transports the refined oil. CSX. Couldn't afford the other railroad companies. (the bigger ones) think your right on target though on pipe production companies. I will look into those. Thanks for a heads up.

I don't know about the 'Heads-up',,, or anything about investing in stocks.
I appreciate the feedback and will pass it on to the other board members..

I just threw this out there because our sportsman club wants/ needs to invest & donate (most of 3.8) hopefully in the smaller American companies. We're thinking that the investments will STAY in the USA just a little longer.??? (bitch is, our government gets MORE TAXES every time it changes hands!)

Ya, Shell, Hilcorp are the major producers in our area, but we're thinking about all the small pipe, valve & even the transportation companies.?
We want to enable our US energy (natural gas, wind, water, solar etc.) production companies in any way we can.

If the gas prices stay or start climbing higher, it will only PUSH the change-over more quickly, RIGHT? Works for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I still remember going to McDonald's with my grandma before school. Our McDonald's was right across the streetfrom a speedway. She used to say once gas hits 1 dollar I'm done driving. Well it's what more $3.50+ still driving. I don't know prices because the way I look at it. I need gas why look at the price per gallon and get angry when I can't do a thing about it. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts