Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i imagine most folks on the site follow common courtesy on the water. but just to vent. when approaching a pack of boats perching please slow down to at least mach 1. also don't take off like a rocket when leaving the area. second when approaching a boat that is trolling please go well behind them when crossing their path, not 20 feet in front. i'm sure many of you have complaints. i don't fish the weekend so i don't see half the stuff most of you do. what would letterman's top ten rude actions by boaters look like. like i say i know i'm preaching to the choir, but had some rude stuff on thursday out there

·
Registered
35 Posts
I second your post. Some fisherman with boats are truly JERKS! We went out yesterday from Lorain and were perchin. It seems most of the "Real Fishermen" the walleye trollers ,have to come flying back to the dock at full speed right through the middle of the perch boats. They could go around the pack or slow down but no, that would be too courteous. I guess they think their better than us common fisherman.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
I totally agree. I was running in from a T-storm today out of Geneva running about 30mph. Even with the storm at my back I slowed to about 10mph or less through the pack.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Happens on all lakes big and small, alls we can do is do what is right and hope someone picks up on it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had a BIG charter boat come past us in Lorain well inside the breakwall. So much for the no wake zone. About swamped a 20' bass boat and rocked my 21 footer pretty good. Drove like that right up to the dock at Hot Waters. Dropped off a limit of walleye and said they were going out for more :confused:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
We try to do to others as we would be treated. We slow down when we go by. But plenty of times the favor isn't returned. Its never caused problems so I don't get mad. But something happens or someone falls. Thats when I get mad. Then again though there are guys who understand and they slow down. To them I say Thankyou. And that Charter Captain should get nailed. Isn't that illegal?

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
it really happens everywhere. i was up the west fork on dale hollow lake a few years ago. the river was only about 25 ft wide. some ah in a big bass boat ran out of gas alittle above us. he switched tanks and here he came wot. he actualy knocked us up against the bank. i cant even put into words on here how i felt. you always got that 10% whatever you do.
sherman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts