close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pre Tourney Meet and Greet

Discussion in 'Vermilion Hawg Fest' started by Hetfieldinn, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I've talked to a few guys, Got One and Fish On in particular, and we were thinking about a little, informal meet and greet before the HawgFest tournament.

We were talking about maybe having a fish fry, burger and potato salad type thing on Friday evening (the nite before the tourney) at the Plantation after we do some pre fishing.

It would be a good time to meet some more faces from the forum (of course, it wouldn't be limited to forum members only), place side bets, and trash talk other teams. Sabotage of other teams boats and or tackle at this time would be unacceptable:p .

I think it would be a good time.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Sounds great!!!!!! I'm sure we could find time to have a little fun for sure. Thanks for the plan.

3. Hey guys, Remember there will be a captains meeting on Friday night at 7 PM at the VOL and also open registration that night from 5-7. Should have some more details coming up real quick about that as we met last week and got a few more wrinkles ironed out.

Matt D

4. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Isn't the morning of a better time for this? :D :D

As for an informal gathering Friday evening, that sounds good!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  5. What's going on here???

Frank

6. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Don't you remember me talking to you on the phone about it?

I was hoping to get some interest in a meet and greet at the Plantation on Friday, the day before the tournament. Just a fish fry, burger, potato salad type thing. As mentioned, there is a captains meeting at 7 on that day, therefore, I'd like to start it at around 4 . No formal starting time, just get the ball rolling. The captains can go to the meeting, carpool as necessary, and come back to meet, eat, and greet some more.

I'll bring a fish fryer or two, some fish, some potato salad, some burgers, and some Metallica. If there's enough interest, we'll see if some other people can bring some other goodies.

7. I'm trying to put together something for the week before at a local eatery/microbrewery as a way to meet, talk fishing, and enjoy each other's commeradery... :D Or just get together for some great food, beer, music and talk smack! LOL!!!

The place is located in Strongsville.... More to come!!!

8. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Hey...! What about the "Sunset Bar & Grill"...!!! ;) :D

9. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Rodney, we don't have all afternoon to wait on a dozen chicken wings !:D

I'd be in on meeting at the Plantation...

10. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Plantation sounds great, as long as the Metallica is pre-black album :D

We usually throw down that Friday night at the plantation anyways, so this should be a gooooood time.

11. How can i forget.. Im suppose to bring the Kielbasa!!! and a Kevin...LOL

Good idea about the car poolin... either way its gonna be a blast and haning. eating. head banging...

Carl.... i like the idea a a formal GTG also... its a nice time when we do these...

Frank

12. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

No no, no, you have to in shape to do some work on Saturday so I can fish the tourney. :D

13. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

You have to kill the chicken before you eat it! And that can take some time :D

14. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

I am in on any plans. I will be staying at my house, closer to the river.

15. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Sounds like a great plan Frank did tell me about it, Het I think Frank was just being Frank again on that first post.

Strongsville sounds like a good place to meet, 5-10 from my house :p , for once I don't have to go far!

Kielbasa and a Kevin, I'll be there!!!!

16. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I've decided we will be having lobster tails and fillet mignon at the meet and greet.

K-Gone, can you pick up fifty lobster tails and fifty fillets on your way up Friday?

17. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

I think the party should be at your house...you know...close to the river...there could be carnage scattered all over your yard if things really cranked up...what do you think? :D

18. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

I will have to borrow my neighbors brush hog to cut the field next to my house. Then I can use it to clean after the party just mulch it in to the grass. I wonder if beer cans make good fertilizer.

19. I'm hoping to have the details worked out for the meet and greet next week.

More details when I get them. It'll be 9/15 (the Saturday prior to FEST) in Strongsville, on Pearl Rd. near the turnpike.

I'm sure we'll still have a nice, quiet gettogether that friday as well...:D

20. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Never even thought about beer cans...I was thinking about bodies!! :D