Pre-Hawgfest Eat and Greet

Discussion in 'Vermilion Hawg Fest' started by Hetfieldinn, Aug 25, 2008.

1. There will be a pre-HawgFest meet/greet and eet at the Plantation. We are going to keep it simple this year so no one is caught cooking for hours without getting a chance to BS and mingle. There will be burgers, dogs, and side dishes available immediately after the captains meeting. Everyone is invited whether you are fishing the tourney or not.

I plan on pre-fishing Friday morning, then coming back to the Plantation to get things started. As soon as the captain's meeting is over, the party starts.

A few guys have offered to bring potato salad and charcoal. If you'd like to bring something, that would be great, but it is not necessary for you to show up with something. Just come and have a good time.

Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

2. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

20lb bag of charcoal and starting fluid- consider it done. You need 2 bags or will one do steve?

I can snag some paperplates as well if you think they will work

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

George, you'll have a ball there. Lots of fun and a great time to meet members. We'll see you Thursday so we'll have a few days to relax as well.
    A few of us will be there Wednesday afternoon so if anyone is coming earlier we ( most of the staff) will be in the big house wednesday thru Sinday.

4. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

ill be fishing all week but making the journy to and from cleveland after each trip/day. Then finally staying at the plantation on thursday and leaving sunday. Its getting close- now i just gotta find some fish that want to show off for the scales :(

5. het.
    i'm not fishing the tourney but hope to be there that weekend. I'll know more later but if ya want me to bring a side dish, i can do that.

6. Dale, was that a Freudian slip or just a typo? :D:D:p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Nice catch- who knows it may well be sinday:eek:

8. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Steve 40 hot dog buns or 40 hamburger buns?

9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'm in for 72 pieces of finger food...! :D

10. If you could be some burger buns that would be great.

11. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

ill take care of the charcoal bag/starting fluid and either paper plates or some utensils- what you need

12. I have plenty of paper plates and plastic ware.

13. i'll have a the potato salad!!! cant wait for another great weekend!

14. ah wish i could make this!! will be there saturday bright and early! to help out though look forward to seein you all!!

15. tubuzz2

40 burger buns it is.

16. I,m bringing 80 burgers.............. Plus the Au Jus (Brother B) !!;)

17. tubuzz2

Got one I got you cover you bring the burgers and I will bring 80 buns.

18. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

I'll cover all the hot dog buns, can also bring some homemade snacks.

19. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Need anymore sides brought? Don't want to bring something you already have a ton of.