close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prayers Needed Again....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Well, it just keeps on keepin' on in my life...Been a heck of a year, with extreme uncertainty at work, hurricane Katrina displacing my daughter, ex, and her family, financial issues, well, you name it. It's been a rough ride.

I found out yesterday, my sister's stepson was KIA in Iraq. He was with the 82nd Airborne, and his HUMV was destroyed by a roadside bomb. He served one tour in Afghanistan, one in Iraq, and was on his second tour in Iraq. He was Sgt. Bryan Large and lived in Cuyahoga Falls. He leaves behind two daughters.

I met him several times on holidays, and his kids and mine really hit it off, playing and sharing, especially at Christmas.

Any words of support and any prayers would greatly be appreciated. It will make my brother-in-law feel good that so many people are thinking of him and his family now.

Thanks a million everyone. The support is much appreciated.

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Carl, I am deeply, deeply sorry for your loss. It's only too easy to forget those fighting this war in a country so far away. My heart goes out to you and your family, and I only wish that all of our fighting men can come home soon.

I'm sorry, you've had a lot to bear recently, take care.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Man, I dont know what to say. We owe everything to men like him. He will be remembered as a hero in my heart. I pray that his family is okay. I really dont know what to say. I have so much respect for men like him, I'm at a loss. I am really sorry for your family.

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Carl, so sorry to hear of this. Our prayers go out to the familys.
    LakeRaider and Red

5. We will pray for you and yours Carl. And all the soldiers still there.

6. Carl,
    My family's prayers are with you and your family.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you and your family are in my thoughts,carl.
    i'm sure there are many of us here,including myself,who have friends and relatives serving over there,all hoping and praying we won't receive that sad news. and it always hurts to hear of others who have suffered losses such as that.

8. My heart goes out to you and your family and especially the wife and kids. The family needs to remember him as a great countryman and the fact that he not only sacrificed incredibly to be away from his family for the cause but now he gave the ultimate sacrifice. These men and women need to never be forgotten by any of us.

These tragic events happen mare than we realize and your story is another reminder to us how real this whole war is. I have a couple of relatives and many friends who are serving our country from over there. I worried initially but I find myself growing comfortable with the situation as time goes by but yet they are still there.

9. Sorry to hear everything you've been going through. I'll pray for you and your family.

10. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

You got them Big Guy!

Gene

11. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you and the extended family are in my prayers.

12. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

Carl,
    Give your sister a hug from the OGF family, our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

13. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I read about this in the PD today, what a shame. Sorry to hear about it.

14. .I am very sorry for your family's loss Carl. If there is anything I can do just let me know.

15. I will include these people in my prayers. I also ask that Carl find strength and growth in his adversity and that things smooth out for him. Thanks for asking for help and sharing your difficulty with us Carl. Your request embodies the true meaning why we are here; to help each other.

16. Fish2day

Fish2day member

Carl, please extend our prayers to your family. It was especially touching to watch the return of the Marines to Brookpark today while remembering those who didn't come home. Now personally knowing someone who has to endure this loss makes it even more touching. Please know in your heart that both my wife and myself appreciate the sacrifices made by your family and all the other families who have lost, and will lose, loved ones.

17. Thanks everyone. It is really appreciated.

I sat and talked with my brother-in-law today about his son. It's not something I've really ever done. I have a whole barrel full of my own demons, just trust me on that, and I shared some of those with him too.

I think we both got to know each other a lot better today. He also shared with me several stories about his son.

He was the lead medic for his Company, an anti-tank company, and spent his three tours saving lives. He is going to receive a bronze star, as well as, of course, a purple heart.

I'm just trying, as the media contact for the family, to make sure his story get out there, as his family wants him remembered. He was a very dedicated soldier, a lifesaver, but also was a great father, brother, and son.