·
Gotta Love Odie!
1,340 Posts
Saying prayers as I write this. WB

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
Looks like this is the Age of Outrage....sad

BLACKSBURG, Va. — At least 32 people are confirmed dead and at least another 21 are wounded after a shooting at Virginia Tech University Monday morning, federal law enforcement officials told FOX News.

Campus police said there was only one shooter and he is now dead. They are unsure if the shooter was a student and it was unclear if he was shot by police or took his own life.

"The university was struck today with a tragedy of monumental proportions," Virginia Tech President Charles Steger said during a press conference shortly after noon. "The university is shocked and horrified that this would befall our campus ... I cannot begin to convey my own personal sense of loss over this senselessness of such an incomprehensible and heinous act."

It was the deadliest campus shooting in U.S. history.

Steger said school officials are notifying victims' next of kin, and state police and the FBI are still investigating the various crime scenes. They are still trying to identify all the victims. The university will set up counseling centers for students and faculty.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Lots of questions need to be answered concerning how, why, etc... but all that can be done now is to pray for everyone involved. This is beyond word. How tragic for these people.

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is just horrible. I just wish in the 2-hour gap between the two shootings that something could have been done something to prevent this. Fox says it's the worst shooting in US history, not just on campus. Truly tragic, things like this will change our world forever as more and more precautions have to be taken just to be safe in our daily lives. My prayers go out.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
this horrible story may be the last argument the anti-gun law supporters need. There may be plenty of changes now.

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
i feel so sorry for the students and the families affected by this.
i can't even begin to comprehend what could possibly drive a person to commit such a crime.

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
going out to the families now.

Just think of this people.

You say goodbye in the morning when you go to school or work and then something drastic happens like this and your family never sees you again until they view you in the casket.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS,,, love your family to no end. NEVER go to bed mad, ALWAYS treat your people as if it is the last day you'll see them. I've seen enough of stuff like this from 1967 to 1973. Always let them know you love them. No matter who it is in your life.

Thanks for listening and as always, Sempre Fi

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
this just reminds me of the alrosa shootings.

no one deserves this.

they say the guy was loking for his g-friend.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
My wife and I attended a Kenny Wayne Shepard concert last night. She was amazed that they were using wands and thoroughly checking everyone. I told her it was necessary due to the sad state of the world we live in. You always need to be aware of your surroundings.

·
Dough Boy
1,869 Posts
my prayer as well as everyone elses go out the whole state of virginia and anyone else involved in this horrible tragidy

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
As of 4:49PM, I am watching a LIVE press conference with the president of VT & the police & they are now making it sound like there were two shooters.

Is anyone else watching this? I'm watching FOX News.

EDIT: I didnt type that clearly, as of 4:49PM, the police Chief of the VT Police made it sound like there could have been two shooters, one at each location, not that there were. Sorry about that. He also said there could have been just one. i just found it odd, becasue all day it was being made out that there was for sure just one shooter.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It's a horrible story. I feel very bad for the victims and their families. I really cann't beleive this is happening. This is a great reason to enforce existing gun laws!!!. The last thing that is needed is more gun laws. But I know the crazies will use this. I hope nothing like this ever happens again. The victims and thier families will be in my prayers tonight. Truly a sad day in America. :(

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
this horrible story may be the last argument the anti-gun law supporters need. There may be plenty of changes now.
ANTI GUN?????? Do you think this would have happened if law abiding citizens were allowed to carry wherever they wanted???? Do you think this would have happened if the guy thought someone would start shooting back??? NO.

This isn't even on the front page of yahoo. Why?

I knew the anti gun crowd would come out of the wood work....

Stuff like this won't just continue happening if you take guns away, it will get worse. The bad guys will find a way to get guns while the everyday joe is screwed.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
let's not start name calling or arguing over the gun control issue.please stick to the topic at hand.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
let's not start name calling or arguing over the gun control issue.please stick to the topic at hand.
thanks.

Others: first read my post before you answer. I did not say a word "for" or "against". I just said the changes are coming.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Please guys... All we ask is that you stick to the original message in the thread. Keep thoughts of support in your mind for all those families who lost a loved one or had someone hurt by the tragedy at hand. And to give those trying to figure out what happened and why the strength to do so. VERY difficult task, that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts