Ohio Game Fishing banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Fishermen (and ladies) are overcomers! Still lots of GOOD fishing left for this SDrift fellow IMHO:).

REMEMBER during recovery, the exercises, breathing treatments; MAKE SURE to do the ''full stringer lift'' hehe

STILL PRAYING, NO BANANA PEELS TO SLIP ON:)
(a term I heard from a Dr. buddy:censored:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Ron, I'm praying for your full recovery my friend.

What's the latest word on how Ron is doing?
I just talked to Ron briefly. He has been moved to rehab facility near his home. Not sure when he moved or how long he will be there. He was fighting with maintenance to get his TV fixed so he can watch an outdoor channel. He sounded much stronger.

·
Angry Floater #2 The Deuce
914 Posts
Speedy painfree recovery from that nasty Covid. Haven’t talked to him in a couple of years. But he is a good guy

Shortdrift is laid up in the hospital fighting pneumonia and covid. Please say a prayer for our buddy.

Bob

·
The end is near
9,871 Posts
Thanks for the update, glad he’s doing better. I got Covid in January and got to come home in June. I still do therapy. They will help him get better so he can go home. Hopefully they will do some therapy and get him back at it.
You were hospitalized for 5 to 6 months with covid?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I just talked to Ron briefly. He has been moved to rehab facility near his home. Not sure when he moved or how long he will be there. He was fighting with maintenance to get his TV fixed so he can watch an outdoor channel. He sounded much stronger.
Good to hear.

Do you know if he's ok enough for visitors? I haven't called him as I wasn't sure exactly how he was and didn't want to overwhelm him with another call from someone while in the hospital.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
You were hospitalized for 5 to 6 months with covid?
I have a friend who was hospitalized for 10 months (Jan-Oct 2021). He was unconscious 30 days. He got out of the hospital to go to a nursing home for an additional 4-5 months for him to gain enough strength back so he could go back home (Mar 2022). He wasn't improving as much as they had hoped so he came home with a walker this past spring where he's able to move around with a walker as needed and he is gaining some strength back.
It's odd how covid affects so many people so differently.
Others I have known only knew they had it because they tested positive for the anti-bodies.
Luckily for most it's like a cold.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Lazy, not in the hospital the whole time. Started in local hospital in Marysville for a week. I got moved to Select hospital in Columbus because they put in a treak and feeding tube. Was on ventilator in both places. Once I got aware of my surroundings and a little better they moved me to a different floor for therapy because it was long enough that I wasn’t able to walk. Was learning to walk and get strength back and went to bed and woke up in OSU and they said I had Covid phenomena. Was there a week and was sent to a local nursing facility for the rest of my rehab. This post is not about me this is good thoughts for Ron. I was completely healthy before I got it. Prayers for Ron

·
The end is near
9,871 Posts
Lazy, not in the hospital the whole time. Started in local hospital in Marysville for a week. I got moved to Select hospital in Columbus because they put in a treak and feeding tube. Was on ventilator in both places. Once I got aware of my surroundings and a little better they moved me to a different floor for therapy because it was long enough that I wasn’t able to walk. Was learning to walk and get strength back and went to bed and woke up in OSU and they said I had Covid phenomena. Was there a week and was sent to a local nursing facility for the rest of my rehab. This post is not about me this is good thoughts for Ron. I was completely healthy before I got it. Prayers for Ron
Sounds like you and Ron have been through alot. Glad you're both doing alright.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts