close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Praire oaks Metro Park

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mmmcarl, Aug 12, 2007.

1. :G Ive just recently started fishing again and when i was younger i mostly fished in small ponds around my house or at family members houses. My question is have any of you fished at the praire oaks metro park? It is an old quary they turned into a nice little park. Ive caught a few bass ( all probably under 1lb.) there and wondered if anyone else has had any luck fishing there?:G

2. i fished over there with not much luck, seems like it gets alot of pressure. i seen you had a big fish icon i thought you had actually caught one there! but i guess not

3. sorry ill try to change the icon
    i never see anyone catching bass always blue gill and small catfish kindof disopointing

4. It was pretty good last year especially for the bigger gills but it has slowed down alot this year..I havent been there in a few weeks though so no recent reports to offer.

5. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

I caught 5 bass in an hour there in one pond... all about the same size, 10" or so.

6. Slabs!

Slabs! Multispecies Journeyman

Didn't catch anything but gills in there the last time I was there. I did see a :B, "monster" bass though that would not hit anything. This was in June. The water seemed a little low and all kinds of vegetation grown all over it. Watch out for the chiggers. Got into them real bad. :mad:

7. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Last year I caught a five pounder from that place......I've seen some nice ones on people's stringers. :mad:
    I would say that place has been cleaned out or the greenies have gotten wiser.
    Here's my pic....
    [​IMG]

8. that is a nice fish
    ive gone there in the morning noon and evening and had best luck with the evening from about 7-9. they kick u out at about 9 every night which sucks.
    In the morning there are monster looking bass near the bank but never had any luck catching anything thanks for the feedback

9. I have seen to many fish on stringers myself out there, mentioned it to one guy who threw a 10" LM on the stringer, he blew me off like I wasnt even there:confused:

10. Alot of the nicer bass suspend out in the middle of the ponds about 5' from the surface. I know a guy who used to yak on them and just look for schools busting bait and then throw topwater to them. He has done fairly well and caught some nice bass out of there. Those ponds have seen alot of pressure in a short period. Any fish found near shore are probably pretty smart. Good luck out there.

Jake

11. tryed fishing there early wed. morning and still caught nothing
    tryed everything from a fake worm to a husky jerk no luck not even a hit
    i dont see myself fishing there anymore
    dang:confused:

12. Try something a little different than everyone else, especially in this heat. It may sound silly to you but try dropshotting a wacky worm or try swimming a twintail grub on a darter head if they are suspended.

13. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

i always use a texas rig. usually catch a few, if u want to get some crappie, go to Wal-Mart and get some Renegade pre-rigged white jigheads, they already come with white grubs on them. just experiment with weight sizes, i think i caught a lot of mine on 1/16 or 1/8 but throw those right by the bridge in the middle of the park and those crappie cant seem to leave it alone, i have also caught many bass out of there using the same thing.