close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PowerPro line

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Mac, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Mac

Mac

I have be looking at upgrading to PowerPro "braided" line. All I have been able to find is PowerPro "Microfilament" line. Is this it?

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Correct. Micro-filament Spectra braid.

3. One and the same. Spectra fiber.

powerpro.com will get you on the home page. The ez spool is great, but I think it is in 150 yard spools only, not sure about this.
    I use 65,80 and 100 lb test PP on my musky reels and smaller lb test for walleyes and bass.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewpowerpro.html

If you have never used Power-Pro, I think you ought to know that Power-Pro’s color will bleed out. At least the green will, not sure about the red or yellow, never used any color but green.
    The dark green becomes very light in color, almost white.

4. Power Pro is awesome! Love it. What blue pike says is true, over time the green does come off the line after time. But of all the braided lines i've ever used power pro is by far the best.

5. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

The yellow color wears off the line too. Actually, after my first day using the yellow, I had a build-up of yellow stuff on each one of the guides on my rod.

I just spooled some green, and it seems to be more limp than the yellow for some odd reason. Used it for one trip so far, and I really like it.

6. Power Pro is great to use for not only our trolling(dispy line) but on jigging as well... good stuff for the money......

Frank

7. I like power pro started fishing it last fall i would recommend tying in either a mono or flouro leader maybe 3- 5 ft in length

8. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

I used it for the first time last year and really liked how well you could feel the light bites.

9. Good line, well worth the price, I have also used Fireline & fireline crystel, all three are on my poles and all three work great.

Power Pro use to be alot cheeper than fireline so I switched to it, but over the last few years the price is getting closer & closer to being the same.

but power pro is a good investment,