Power Pro Line - Phantom Red

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Mac, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Mac

Mac

I was planning on upgrading my trolling line to Power Pro Hi-Vis Yellow until I read this article. Anyone feel they had more success with red than yellow line or is this as the article says “things designed to catch fishermen”.

http://www.landbigfish.com/articles/default.cfm?ID=2449

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i use only power pro on all my trolling rods. used 30/8 moss green for years. this last year i switched to 40/10 hi-vis yellow because i want to see how my rods are running on both sides of the boat easier. i run all the same rods and if one is fouled up you can see that line running at a different angle than the rest. the yellow is much easier to see and i run 5 to 8 foot leaders so line visiability matters to me more than the fish. i also switched to 40/10 because it fits the dive curves in the precision trolling manual better the the 30/8 did. but in reallity, by the end of the season the power pro and any other super line ive tried turnes kinda light gray. i guess it's just a matter of preference.

i have had no decrease in fish catch with the switch to hi-vis yellow.

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

The red will turn to Pink in just a few weeks. I never trolled with it, but it won't stay red for long.

4. Mac

Mac

Sounds like no matter what color you use it will end up becoming a different color. I will go with the yellow 40/10 and when the color changes I can always reverse the line and get another year or two out of it. I have heard that permanent magic markers can be used to restore or change the color of braided line. Never tried.