close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pouring lead

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by katfish, Jun 19, 2005.

1. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

It seems that someone needed my catbag worse than I did :D

Most of my flathead sinkers and hooks were in it so I got busy replacing the tackle.
    Kayla always asks to jig fish when we go out so as I set up the production pot and waited for the lead to melt I found some jig molds and hooks.
    We poured about 50 1/16 and 1/8 oz jigs and about 100 1/8 and 3/8 oz egg sinkers. Probably poured 150 2 oz sinkers.
    After we finished I used the seal a meal to put 4 jig heads and 6 tails in each package. I sealed up 5/0 kahles and 2 oz sinkers together. I also sealed 5 oz bank sinkers and 8/0 Gama Octopus hooks and snaps and swivels for river fishing. Sealed some 3 and 4 oz bank sinkers in packs with 6/0 Gamakatsu hooks and snaps and swivels. Put some of the 3/8 oz sinkers in packs with 2/0 hooks for channel cats.
    I can't replace the Catch Key I had but I have an Eze Lap sharpener that will work. The replacement bag is not exactly what I want but will work till I can shop for a more suitable one.

The seal a meal packs keep all the hooks dry and clean until I need them. I have a way of getting everything wet when I go fishing and large boxes of hooks tend to rust.

I guess all that is left is to show how all this tackle works :D

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,i'll let you know this week ;)