close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Posts out of order

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishzilla, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Has anyone noticed that on some threads that the posts are out of order? It seems like the quick reply puts the responses in no particular order. I always use the go advanced and have no problem. Try reading twistertail's thread about the 2 big sauger in the cental ohio section for a good example. It is very hard to follow. If my theory is wrong then I guess I am a moron who has babbled for way too long about this. :eek:

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i've had the same problem.posts in several threads haven't seemed to be in chronological order and it does make following a thread kind of tough.

3. I noticed it but never knew why they were not in order. You may have figured it out. :cool: With as good as our staff is I'm sure they will check it out and correct it if possible.

4. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

I'm checking in to this one. I'll let ya know what I find.

-Jeff

5. sporty

When you say posts out of order do you mean by timestamps? I looked with my login and the timestamps were all in order. I check all of your profiles and you use a different display/sort order than I do. I changed the display/sort on my test account and they were still in order - only newest first instead of oldest first like I use. I read a few of the post (that's a LONG thread!!!) and the ones I read seemed to be in response to a previous post.

If you can give me some more details of what you mean by out of order and I'll dig deeper.

Thanks,

-Jeff

6. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

what's happening with me is that the posts(not just mine but other peoples too) in a thread will appear but not in the order of when they were submitted,1st to last.
    i've tried every display possible and it doesn't change anything.
    it's really not a big deal but like was said earlier,it just kinda makes it tough to follow the progress of a thread.
    i 1st noticed it when i submitted a pic of my boat in the "what's you're boat look like thread" and when it appeared in the thread it was inserted above posts that were made before mine,some of which were posted days before mine.
    hope that describes the problem okay.

7. Check this post in Central Ohio from Twistertail-"Big Darby, 2 trips 2 big sauger". Check pages two and three-they are completely out of order.

8. sporty

That's the one I looked at Fishzilla. Are the timestamps out of order. Or I am just flat missing something here.

Thanks,

-Jeff

9. Hey Sporty-sorry I wasn't ignoring you I just haven't been on for a few days. The answer to your question is yes the time stamps are out of order. On the thread we were talking about check out page 4. Find my reply "Hey Misfit that should be spelled Hawger". When I posted that it came up as the last post in the thread- the date was 7-22. Notice that several posts on 7-23 were put in ahead of mine including Misfits reply to mine. This bumped my post from page 3 to page 4.

Now with all that said-I am not trying to be a pain I'm just trying to help :)