1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they get in?

Can ya trap 'em? How?

What can a homeowner do to exterminate?

Single story brick ranch on a slab in a burb. City housing for blocks in all directions.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

·
Fly Fishing Addict
2,023 Posts
22lr to the skull then use it for fertilizer!

·
Charter Captain
1,214 Posts
grab the net bob!! nice beckman net will get him out in no time.. if hes still running around and u need a hand let me know ill come down

·
d{>_
519 Posts
box trap with a can of tuna or sardines if you do not want to kill it .22/.177 pellet rifle to the head if you just want it gone

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
:D CALL MARKFISH!!! :D ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<----- I could not resist!! SORRY Mark!!! you gotta laugh too.......

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The cage trap will work given a little time. If you're in a hurry, you can make your own catch pole with a piece of pvc or pipe / conduit and a short length of rope. Personally, I smack them on the snout with a glove & they will curl up & "play possum" ; pick them up slowly by the tail & carry them outside. Have done that or the catch pole with dozens without any problems.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all for the suggestions and laughs. Was not funny at first sighting. Me....chasing a critter is not a pretty sight!:)

I've learned...on land I can catch anything....long as it's dead.

A HaveaHeart live trap and a couple chocolate chip cookies did the trick monday eve. Released today at a large city park with woods, 2 lakes, and a campground. Little bugger should have a blast terrorizing campers out for a pee at 3:45AM.

BTW....point of entry was a low, unscreened dryer vent. That's fixed.

Thanks folks.

·
Charter Captain
1,214 Posts
i bet that little guy never had a chance on those cookies.. all i can see is the trap and Bob in the chair with the cookies lol... glad u got him!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts