close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Possum Creek Metropark - Good Family Fishing Spot

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Uglystik, May 27, 2008.

1. Uglystik

Uglystik Shane

In response to the complaint about Eastwood Metropark, I just wanted to say that I have been impressed with Possum Creek. I have not had any unpleasant people experiences there and have never felt uncomfortable. Metroparks patrol there on a regular basis and seem to always be doing some sort of upkeep/maintenance at the park. The smaller ponds are stocked with catfish in the summer months and this year they have 5/day limit on them, we saw 4 beaver there one evening near the island on the first pond at the parking lot. The Argonne lake has tons of LM bass(length limit there too),plenty of bluegill for the kids to stay interested and they allow non-motorized boats on the lake which I don't think many people are aware of. This summer there was a family of swans on the lake and a beaver dam there also. The lake also has carp nearly 4 ft long, they look like sharks swimming around with their fins sticking out of the water.

If you are looking for somewhere to have a nice day out with the family I would recommend you check this place out.