close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Speed Times

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fisherman261, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Can someone tell me the times for the speed zones at Portage Lakes? I'm looking at going out Saturday morning. Thanks

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

9 to noon is ski
    noon to 5 is speed
    5 to 6:30 is ski
    6:30 to 8 is speed
    Sundays and holidays sailing only from 10 to 2

3. That's just too funny! Can they make it any more convoluted and confusing!

4. I was out a couple of weeks ago and a deputy pulled up to me and had a few choice words. According to him, I was in a restricted area. I explained my confusion at that statement, there were no signs explaining that you couldn't be there unless skiing.... He said maybe it was about time I should learn the law because there are many 3 year olds out here on tubes! Long story short, I am a retired LEO and my going through the lane at 5 MPH was more safe than another at ski velocity to said 3 year olds. Bottom line there is no signage prohibiting fishing during these times, but the SCSO seems to think there is. Maybe if we have any lawyer types here, they need to question this.

5. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

there are signs posted at each speed zone with said times (ncfraft150's post above)...
    i do think the signs could be bigger though....

just sayin'

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

The signs are also at each boat ramp and by the 619 bridge. I will check, but I think the times for sailing are the only restrictions. They say "sailing only" right on the sign. I don't recall the others being worded that way.