Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
cast4life
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having any luck on Turkeyfoot our new Nimisila bass fishing??? For as much time as I feel as we've been putting in my fiance in me. Just don't seem to be producing as good this year was curious if anybody else thought the same thing or if it was just me not doing what I should be doing.laugh out loud..

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just saw on the fishidy site a guy caught a real nice eye in nimislla . All I ever hear is there are no eyes in that lake. I guess those people are dead wrong. Is it a good bass lake?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can find bass both deep and shallow at Nimi. Lots of grass, so that's something to work around/work with. There has been lots of pressure put on near shore fish lately, and lots of weed growth, but they will bite

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
I just saw on the fishidy site a guy caught a real nice eye in nimislla . All I ever hear is there are no eyes in that lake. I guess those people are dead wrong. Is it a good bass lake?
Myself and several friends have put in serious hours targeting eyes at nimisila, they stock a few,there are a few in there but I think of all the days wasted trying to catch them there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How are the weeds this year? Love um and I don’t hate then
Nimisila seems to be all weeds. I was out there Sunday evening and couldn't keep the weeds off my line. It was very frustrating.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw a teenage kid catch a really nice eye last year right at the bridge nears Eddie's bait shop. I had no idea there were walleye in Nimi till then, and I probably still wouldn't believe it had I not witnessed it.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I have fished Nimmy on average 150-200 times a year for the last 15 years. In that time I have seen two Eyes that were caught there. So they are in there, just doesn't seem to be a lot of them. Last year I seen actual stocking numbers for was like 2008 so not sure if they have stocked since then.

Reactions: JamesF

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have fished Nimmy on average 150-200 times a year for the last 15 years. In that time I have seen two Eyes that were caught there. So they are in there, just doesn't seem to be a lot of them. Last year I seen actual stocking numbers for was like 2008 so not sure if they have stocked since then.
150-200 times/yr average? you live across the street?

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Unfortunately the ODNR is not very translucent about their stocking data and numbers except for catchable rainbow trout

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I consider Nimmy my home lake, actually live about 20 minutes away. Have been retired since Jan 2010 so I fish 4-5 times a week.

Reactions: ohiobassin_864

·
Registered
57 Posts
They have stocked Walleye at Nimisila, I think every other year, up through 2015 at least. I just read this in a book at Wal-Mart the other day. I was surprised, as all I hear is that they used to stock it many years ago.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A buddy and I fished Portage today. Only caught 4 small largemouth in 10-12ft water. Overall Turkeyfoot has been a struggle this year. Most of my success has come in East Reservoir. Water was 84, no clouds, and heavy boat traffic.....it was a grind.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What bait/lure were you using when you hooked up with the 2 Walley? I have only had 1 up to the boat 2 years ago on a deep diving crank bait.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
One on a watermelon color Texas rigged worm, and one a chartreuse spinner bait. I was bouncing the spinner bait off the bottom and it hit about halfway through my retrieve on the down flutter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts