Portage Lakes Report?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by stratosboats, May 18, 2008.

1. Has anyone been out on portage lately? I am heading out tomarrow and just wanted to know how the fishing has been.

2. We hit Turkeyfoot,Rex and Mudd yesterday. Caught 4 fish in 6 hours, And we were doing better than most from the people I talked to. 2 dinks, one about 13" and one about 15". 3 of the 4 came out of Mudd lake. They seemed to be in shallow water around natural cover and structure. We couldn't even get a bite fishing around the docks and docked boats. Went to Nimi today, and only got 1 bass about 14 inches. Fished off of the concrete dam.

3. ive never been there... thinking about tryign it out this weekend.. are there many places to fish from shore?

I will have a 5 year old with me too.. so perhaps a nice area?

4. I went to North on Fri, caught 3 muds, allot of good hits but nothing nice landed. Used bread, worms, and liver. Most good hits were on liver. There were allot of smaller fish running minnows near shore so I'm sure if I had minnows I would have caught some gills or crappie's. Next time I'll take some.