Portage Lakes ramps?....

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Cull'in, Nov 20, 2008.

1. They still open? How 'bout Long?

I need a fix Sunday!:D :B

2. uaz1

uaz1

The Long lake ramp is open. The ramps at Portage lakes state park on route 93 are also open. I'm not sure of the off of rt. 619, they were closed when the water was lowered because people were backing too far down and getting stuck. However, they may be open now that the water is back up. Either way you can still get on Portage lakes.

3. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

I was at Old State Park (off 619) on Tuesday and the ramps are re-opened. Water is back to normal level.

Bob

4. Open as in no ice open?

5. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

The RAMPS were open - and at the time the water was too. I was there on Tuesday 11/18, before we had the cold days and colder nights.

I'd imagine that what ice is there is very thin. With the warmer temps on Sat. & Sunday it should be fine for you to get your 'fix'.

Was hoping for one last shot myself but I don't think that will happen now...:(

Bob

6. dmills4124

dmills4124 don m

All ramps open and ice free as of 5 pm sun the 23rd at portage. Water is up to normal levels on portage with some iceover that had some boats making it thru. Long lake, ice starting to iceover but navigatible, but the dirt ramp has light to heavy ice and snow. Bring a wench. North iced over. Nimisilla is down by 4 to 5 feet or more from shore(really only about a foot dow as far as water level goes) The ramps are useable. Main street lot has lots of snow melted to ice with a clear ramp. Only thing is the ramp only has 1 (one) piece of concrete in the water. North ramp is fine with a dry parking lot. South ramp is a laugh. It only has about 6 inches of water over its concrete. Oh, Mogadore is iced over completly. Won't be long for some ice fishing enthusiast to try it out.
    Sure hope this helps out anyone interested.
    later ya'll
    don and kim m