close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Lakes Question (slightly OT)

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Buick Riviera, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Sunday we fished the "intersection" of Rex located within sight of the New State Park launch ramps. We almost go pooped on by some weird birds roosting in the trees! I mean they bombarded enough that there was no way to pitch the bank or you would risking messing your person and boat.

They weren't there tonight. Anyhow, anyone know what kind of birds these are? The looked kinda like some kind of "pre-historic" buzzard.

Buick

2. Probably a heron (blue heron?). They're pretty good at fishing - saw one grab and swallow a 14" or so trout.

3. If they were shooting crap at you, was probably cormorants... It's a defense thing...

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

yep what big daddy said...they are loud, poop, and look like buzzards.

flash---------------------------out

5. There should be some kind of open season on those things right? Troublesome darn birds = eat lots of fish! Turn "Poof the Magic Dragon" loose on them.

6. I agree with the open season comment! Those things are HIDEOUS!!! They crap all over and are LOUD! We were fishing there 2 years ago and I thought it was raining...........then I realized what was going on! They were trying to use us like a freshly washed car! When we looked up, the tree was literally WHITE with their poop.......it was disgusting.

Needless to say we got out of that area pretty quick.

7. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

I think you got it BD. They kinda looked like these, a whole bunch of them roosting up in the trees.

[​IMG]

8. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Take a slingshot with you and stir them up. Maybe they'll leave that tree .

9. Sure - and have them FLY over you and poop, instead of staying in the tree and pooping???

HAHAHA!!!!

I'll just go around those trees...........thank you very much! HA!