close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Lakes open or Iced?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flipp, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Wondering if it is soft or hard water. Might go in the moring after some bass.

Thanks

2. Flipp- buddy told me tonight at the sport show that he hit 30+ outa mud yesterday- not sure if he was pullin my fin or not-- come on rain!!!

Nip
    www.dobass.com

3. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Jerkbaits? Any Big ones might head tommorrow then and find out.

Thanks Nip

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

amen to that Nip!!

I'm ready to get out there and feed them a jerkbait, I love that lake early.

5. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Where is the closest place to launch to access Mud?

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

The only place you can launch this year is the new state park ramp off 93(manchester rd). The other ramp is closed until november. Miller and East should also produce well this time of year, but they are a long ride from the ramp!!

7. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Oh man I want to get out there. Save some fish for me guys. good luck

8. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Went out today had a pretty good considering the weather 10 bass 7 keepers. Biggest was about four pounds all on jerkbaits. There was four or five other boats there. Nice way to start off the season. Had to break through the ice to get to the old state park but other than that it is open water.

Good Luck Guys

9. Ah Man, I was just saying I wanted to go to Portage very soon! Good job Flipp.

10. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Flipp where did you catch those at? I drove by last night and east is still iced over.

11. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

All in turkey foot 2 out of the bones that was it. The rest in other places.