Portage lakes on Saturday ....

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Skarfer, Jul 9, 2007.

1. My buddy and I hit portage on saturday morning.......and did really well. I caught 5 - smallest being about 1 1/2 lbs and largest going 3 1/2lbs. My buddy caught 3 - total bag for a tourney would have been about 14lbs. Not bad at all.

All were caught on rubber worms - and I even caught one on a shakey head setup - first time I've tried and was pleasantly surprised!

Man.......my thumb is tore up! HAHA..........what a good feeling! We caught 3 real nice ones at about 11am - when the sun was really hot. I didn't want to leave, but we each had other things going on. Sucks when the bite is so hot.

2. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

Good job Skarfer! That would have won most of the tourneys out there. I've been fishing Nimisila a lot this year due to the crowds at Portage. It is really slow and frustrating out there lately. Were there a lot people out there running into you with their rented pontoons????

3. Actually NO - there weren't many boats out there at all.......it was surprising and quite nice!

Course, I've got a few "secret" spots that not many toons bother to get into.......maybe that helped too. But on the main lake there wasn't much traffic either - I was both surprised and happy!

4. was there myself friday nite mid nite till 8 in the am and I have to agree the bite was on just killed them we had 16.10 and won our nite tourney . Best fishing we have ever done at portage