close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Lakes ice

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by JK1912, Jan 20, 2008.

1. cousin said he seen someone out on portage and someone was on nimisila too still not enough ice for me to be on the lakes. This weekend should be good.

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

wow! icebucketjohn just had a post today I believe saying there was only an inch of ice at osp.

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Haynes Bay at the C-5 parking area was still half open on Saturday. I was surprised.

4. JK1912 is Right. I drove to OSP at approx. 12:30 Sunday and their was a guy with a hatchet who came back and reported 2-3". Next drove to nmi by the bay off main street ansd watched 2 teenagers walk across chanel to island and back.

5. read the posts today about the ice guess i wasnt wrong cant wait till the weekend ill be their

6. OLD STATE PARK: Monday 1/12/08 2:30 pm
    Ice is 3 1/2"
    3 guys ice-fishing, catching dink gills in 6-7' depth
    Ice is solid, crystal clear, like a mirror, extremely slick (you'll need ice
    creepers)
    Middle of the bay is still unsafe.

I'll be fishing on it Tuesday 1/22

7. i fished nimisilla this afternoon. c5 had 3 in. and a couple bays off main st. had 3 to 4 in most places...with some 2 1/2 in others....really good ice...make sure you have some creepers....no luck though. i felt pretty safe and i weigh around 260.