close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Lakes Crappie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ruminator, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Going to try to get out tomorrow afternoon, which lake would be a good one to target? Anyone else be there?

- Jim

2. I won't be there, but try Miller at the far S end and around the docks behind the bar. Tubes or minnows under a bobber. Chartruse the hot color.

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks Carl, I'll do that.

4. Hey Ruminator,
    Just to let you know I,m aboard. May go to Portage or Atwood tomorrow. Will give you a call.

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I appreciate them. I went out with Specks yesterday and hit a number of spots that Carl has told me about. Most were not holding fish yet. Where we found them was suspended out from shore in deeper water. We were unable to coax a bite from any of them. Used minnows/floats and various plastics and marabou, cicada's, etc.. We only caught a couple of stragglers earlier while fishing on Grape Lake just east of the Rangers' boat house. We fished from 3pm. to 8:30pm. and were the last off at the new ramp.

- Jim

6. Really enjoyed your company as usual. Thanks for picking up the Senkos for me.
    We got a late start, around 3 o'clock. Should have been there earlier, but it was good to get out and check out the equipment. As Ruminator stated the crappie just was'nt very active. Look forward to meeting you Carl. I enjoy reading your threads and thanks for the tips.
    Specks

7. I hit Miller with my son today. I only got 2 little ones, he caught 6, including 1 nice gill and a small bass.

Got them on minnows, anywhere from 2' to 6' down. Also, chartruse tubes again, but they weren't hitting it very hard. I missed a lot of bites. Oh well, just good to get out with my boy.

With the temps all week being in the 50's and 60's, this upcoming weekend should be all kinds of HOT for fishing.

I may head out during the week this week since I don't have to be at work til 1pm. Maybe Wed or Thurs.

Carl