Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HookoneforTheGipper
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle showed me this pic of a catfish his nephew (other side of the family not my cousin) caught at portage lakes (turkeyfoot) the other night on chicken liver. Im not sure what kind of catfish it is. Looking for some fish ID I know you guys will know. It looks way to big to be a channel cat, because according to their hand scale it weighed 47 lbs. It was caught by a 16 year old kid, I guess it took him 30 min to bring in, haha just looking for some ID

Attachments

·
HookoneforTheGipper
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it was a blue also, i didn't know blues were in portage lakes so i told him it was a flat head, i should also note that this big boy or girl is alive and well in portage lakes still, they released it, good boys

·
HookoneforTheGipper
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's the only picture that I know of, I spoke with the young man who reeled it in, he loves fishing, so he should be signing on here, he'll have more info than I can shed, what a nice surprising catch for turkeyfoot

·
Registered
120 Posts
Caught the other night, huh? I'd be curious which stretch of the P-Lakes shoreline has absolutely no green vegetation (or no sea wall) right now. I bet you could find a shoreline on the Ohio River that looks like that in winter though. Blues have never been stocked in the P-lakes, btw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.