Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Portage Lakes Bass Club is now enrolling new members for the 2017 bass fishing season rapidly approaching. We fish local area lakes (Portage, Nimi, Milton, Mosquito, Mogadore, Berlin and more!). If you or a friend have a boat with a working live well and trolling motor, and are looking for some low cost competition we encourage you to apply.
We fish for points and trophies, and encourage good fellowship. You would only need to pay your membership fee and not for each tournament. Angler of the Year and Classic Champ receive beautiful embroidered jackets for trophies.
Whether you're a seasoned tournament fisherman or interested in tournament fishing and want to see what it's all about, then we would like you to come to our first meeting of this year to learn more about our club. That meeting will take place at: M.T. Pockets Pub at 2759 Manchester Road in Akron on Saturday, March 18th at 12 noon. We are not affiliated with B.A.S.S. or FLW. Any questions can be asked on tread and will be answered promptly. If you wish to talk to someone about the club call Jeff at 330-848-2546.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$45 for new members and $40 for returning members

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Can i have my gas motor on nimi and moggy ? My gas tank doesn't come out

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct DHower08! If you can remove them then you must. If internal then no worries.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No we don't. If you or a friend have a boat then you both join and fish against each other from the same boat. If you own a boat and join then you can fish by yourself which is what most members do. Any member of your family may fish with you at any time without having to join-wife, girlfriend, dad, son, or daughter. We used to be non-boater club, but got to be too much hassle with pairing and compensating.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Well i'd love to fish, if any boater needs or wants a partner id be interested

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just now realizing that with so many views I'm not sure how many are actually going to show up. We have 8 openings to fill because our by-laws state that we are only 36 members maximum. If you are interested please message me so I can get a count on how many to expect.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm looking forward to seeing all the new faces this Saturday. Should be a full house!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a brand new angler who is literally just starting out (26 years old). Do you know of any free clubs or groups that may be able to help show me the ropes?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm a brand new angler who is literally just starting out (26 years old). Do you know of any free clubs or groups that may be able to help show me the ropes?
Bass fishing and FREE dont go together as a general rule but if you do a search on facebook for (ohio bass fishing league) they have a free tournament circuit by picture upload lots of good guys there

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do not know of any that are 'free'. You should probably start a new thread to get more intelligent (or not) responses. What you are doing now is 'hi-jacking' this thread (going off topic), and not that I really care about that, but I do care that you get the info you need to make an informed decision. Don't believe everything that Avantifishski says. He dosen't even know what thread he's replying to sometimes!;) See post #15 of this thread

1 - 20 of 21 Posts