Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about one being held this year? My grandpa took me to a boat parade a long time ago and I have been wanting to go back ever since. This is all I could find.

http://portagelakes.com/

It says there is an antique boat SHOW and then just a boat parade the next day. I thought before they had an antique boat parade but maybe I am wrong.

Does anyone know about this or does anyone participate? I would love to participate in the boat show and parade.

Nick

·
Buckeye-Basser
1,589 Posts
They always have a boat parade on the 4th of July. I used to sit on the end of my brothers dock while all the politicians and the Sheriff flew by in their decorated pontoon boats kicking up such a big illegal wake that the water would come completely over the docks.

·
SOLID MEAT
5,731 Posts
I know exexec won the best of show for his floats for the parade. He had some crazy ideas like the statue of libery, king kong and the santa maria. No one could even come close to his boat. i used to come out just to see them

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They always have a boat parade on the 4th of July. I used to sit on the end of my brothers dock while all the politicians and the Sheriff flew by in their decorated pontoon boats kicking up such a big illegal wake that the water would come completely over the docks.
haha! nice......

I really want to take my boat out there but I can't find info on parades. My girlfriends little brother would LOVE it! I thought about taking out to portage lakes to see the fireworks from the lake but I'd imagine you have to launch your boat in the morning and you won't get your boat out until midnight or later because of the other boats there.

·
Buckeye-Basser
1,589 Posts
Not bad at all until late in the day. Trying to get the boat out at the ramp is a near nightmare after the fireworks though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts