close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Lakes 6/24/07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Took the upgrade out to get some fish in her...:D PL did not disappoint.

Cfish and I hit Turkeyfoot for gills, redears and whatever else first... 10-14 ft of water, found fish very accomodating. We each caught a few Fish Ohio class redears, I had one that was over 10... Also a F/O crappie... Fished verticle, no float, with white jig/tube or twister combos... tipped w/ maggots or waxies... We caught gills, redears, perch, crappies and catfish... Then, as the evening wore on, we went bassin'. I got 8 or 9 bass, cfish 1... Were hitting pretty well. Nothing on top, but got them on a YUM Forked Dinger...

Great evening on the water, that's for sure.

All the fish were released to be caught again...

2. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Fished Mogadore 2 times last week and got skunked one day and 1 fish the other. Talked to a old timer and was told Mogadore is great if your fishing for bait. He told me the same as you just posted about Portage. Am going to give it a try this week. Any idea about East? I have always done well vertical fishing in 12 to 20 fow. Looking for a new place to fish for a while. I will always come back home to Mogadore till I get skunked again. John

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

What did you get Carl??? Nothing like a new big boy toy to ply around with.

4. 18ft Crestliner Canadian...

If you're fishing the Portage Lakes Wednesday nighter, you may see me and Nick in it. I think we may be getting in the tournament.

5. Excellent boat, I had a 14' crestliner canadian, I loved that boat. Boat a 16' Crestliner FishHawk, nice boat too.

Rich

6. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

Your making me hungry big daddy, excellant job. Heck let me know next time you decide to pound the pan fish, Ill make sure I bring my igloo cooler..LOL