close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Lakes 5-18-04

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TxTransplant, May 19, 2004.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Finally all moved in and all the boxes are emptied! Man moving sucks! Went out behind the house and tried the fly-rod off of my dock and man what a blast! The big Red-ears are into spawning and were hammering my Black popper! I caught several 8+" and 1 Fish-Ohio at 9 1/4". Kept enough for a meal for mamma and I and released the rest. I can't think of anything more exciting than catching a mess of big gills on a fly-rod!

Gene

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

where is my invitation?? Haha, glad you got moved in.

flash-----------------------------out

3. TxTransplant

You know yours and Brians invitations are standing! Your welcome anytime!

Gene

4. Can I get an invite too....maybe you can have a steak cookout also maybe a former gfo outing are the gills bigger that Presque Isle???

5. TxTransplant

They are bigger but less in numbers than Presque. It was a blast Exexec! You know where I live.....come on over anytime. I will PM the new home number to ya.

Gene

6. bgpark1

bgpark1 Catching and Releasing

Flying on Gills and Crappie is most exciting... picked up the flyrod 6-7 years ago and take it with me everywhere.... when the spinning rod disappoints or i get bored... i pull out the flyrod for it never fails. It definatly draws in the bigger panfish are more of them overall..... and a real thrill when a nice bass nails that popper.

7. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I inherited a nice fly rod from my grandpa. I used it for the first time last year while camping. The guy who owns the campground told me he puts the smallies and walleyes he catches from Erie in the ponds. I figured I just fish for the rock bass and gills to learn how to use the rod. I caught a ton of gills and rock bass and it was a blast, but I never expected to two 5 pound smallies I got. They where awesome on that flyrod.