close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Lakes 09/15

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by archman, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Wanted to thank Txtransplant for taking me out last night. Good fishing, and just a great night to be on the lake. Man, is he lucky to live right there on the lake. Here are the pictures of the two biggest bass we caught.

[​IMG]

2. The famous crappie report?????

3. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Like Archman said.........what Crappie? :D

Hey Joel...your very welcome and can come back anytime....ya notice I haven't had Flash back yet..................he outfished me (didn't play by the rules). Never outfish the person that takes ya! ;) You did good! Caught a bunch and didn't out do me.....well except for that huge hog crappie that you didn't catch of the ones we didn't catch. Hey John (Exexec) enjoyed your company, we didn't have while we wern't fishing for slabs! ;)

Gene

4. Why isn't anyone wearing a ten gallon hat? :rolleyes: :p ;) :)

5. TxTransplant

Shortdrift....... We had to use it to hide those crappie! ;)

Gene

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Did you see any floating carp?

The paper today states the carp are dying off in PL like they did at Mosquito a couple of years ago.

7. TxTransplant

Funny you should bring that up Lewzer. I went out Bass fishing Sunday and across the lake I kept seeing something that looked like a duck swimming in circles on its side. I went to see what was going on and found it to be a huge carp dying and comming to the surface every so often circling with its head above the surface. I have seen at least 6 large carp floting in the past week but attributed it to the urbacide they put in to kill the seaweed. I did see 2 really healthy looking carp feeding amongst the pads in mud lake that seemed fine.

Gene

8. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

If you read the paper more closely, it explains the carp's symptoms. It says they have brown, mucous covered, slimy gills. IMHO, I think the carp should stop smoking :p ! If it does it to lungs, it'll do it to gills! :D

9. TxTransplant

I have about a 14 lb carp swimming heads up circles at the end of my dock right now. Wonder what is killing them off? Anyone got a clue?

Gene

10. They said it was bacterium or viral problem. Not real sure, but no other fish species seem to be suffering.

I also hear all the CAG guys are wearing black arm bands.