close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

portage lakes 05/23/04

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by LiquidTension, May 23, 2004.

1. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

the wife and i hit portage lakes today.... got to the new state park ramps and they were doing "voluntary" inspections. never heard of "voluntary" but thats what he said. i guess i could of refused, but wanted to get it over with for this season. there was a guy 2 boats in front of me that just cruized up through the parking lot and didnt launch... guess he wasnt prepared for an inspection....
    i passed everything.... but he suggested i get some kinda plastic coverings for my batteries positive terminals.... and not required for my size boat (16.5), to get some flare smoke signals (i guess that you just hold in your hand, from what he said). also gave my a booklet with rules and regs. and a acceident(sp?) report sheet in the very back of the book.... cool.... hope i dont need that though.....

anyways on to the fishing...
    caught 7 lg mouth and 3 rockbass... all but one of the lg.mouth were over 13 inches.... all on plastic worms/caterpillars/flukes... and most were underneath docks (practice up your skipping techniques :D ) a couple were on the outer weed line in 6-7 feet water..... dang...why cant i do this on Wed. nighters

good day out there... lil' windy and too much sun... but i'll take it :) :cool:

2. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Sounds like you had a great day out there..
    I have a question concerning the inspections..I have a 14fter with a 10HP motor. I have PFD's for 2, a signal flag, anchor and lights. Would I be ok with these items or am I forgetting something? I'm planning a trip to West Branch and I don't want to be hassled :confused:

3. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

fire extinguisher and noise maker (whistle or blowhorn) ...only thing i can think of right now :confused: